Chambers to cover every testing requirement from continuous salt spray test through to condensation humidity and modified tests.
Suitable for testing to popular standards including; ASTM B117, ISO 9002, JIS Z 2371 and ASTM G85.
Six model sizes:
- 120 Ltr – the handy bench top model
- 450 Ltr – the ever popular
- 1000 Ltr
- 1300 Ltr
- 2000 Ltr
- 2600 Ltr - for the very largest samples
Two specification levels:
Standard models meet the requirements of basic, continuous salt spray tests conducted at a single temperature only, such as ASTM B117 and similar international test standards, and may be used with pH neutral salt solutions (NSS) or those acidified by the addition of Acetic Acid (ASS) or Cupric Acid (CASS)
Premium models can perform the same basic salt spray tests, but in addition are equipped with extra features which enable them to undertake ‘modified’ tests such as those defined in ASTM G85. Here conventional salt spray is often combined with one other climate, in a two-part cycle, to accelerate the test. For example: salt spray and condensation humidity (SWAAT) or salt spray and drying (PROHESION) or salt spray and SO2 testing.
All Ascott™ corrosion test chamber models feature:
- Touch-screen operator control interface.
- ‘Easy Open’ pneumatically operated canopy.
- Dry seal gasket prevents wetting operator’s clothes, etc.
- Low loading threshold for loading and unloading.
- Large capacity floor standing salt solution reservoir.
- Calibration certificate.
- Canopy color choice.
- Set of sample racks.
- Interior viewing window.
- Consumables spares kit.
- Easily accessible salt spray atomizer(s) in transparent hard-wearing acrylic.
- Purge of the cabinet interior with fresh air after testing and before the chamber is opened.
Additional features of Premium Salt Spray Chambers:
- Touch-screen, full colour user control interface, employing the latest version of our highly intuitive operating software, for ease of programming and use.
- The operating software has a very large capacity for the creation of complex multi-step test programmes, so that the widest possible range of test profiles can be accommodated.
- The icon based control interface offers a variety of languages built-in for ease of understanding and use.
- RJ45 communications port enabling the chamber to be wired or wirelessly connected to a local area network (LAN) for logging and remote programming via a computer running optional software.
- A real-time, user configurable ‘clock’ to enable different test samples to be batched and have their exposure time monitored separately, with alarms to warn when a pre-set test period has been completed.